National Institute of Technology (NIT) Kurukshetra
The National Institute of Technology Kurukshetra is also known as the NIT, Kurukshetra. NiT, KKR was established in 1963. The institute was named as Regional Engineering College Kurukshetra. It is one of the 30 National Institutes of Technology set up by the Government of India to provide students with best-in-class technical education. It offers BTech, MTech, MBA, MCA, Ph.D., and certificate courses in various specializations. These courses are offered through 11 departments and four schools. The institute has accreditation from UGC and affiliation from the All India Council for Technical Education. The campus area of NIT Kurukshetra is spread over 300 acres of land and provides, accommodation, health, and sports facilities to the students. The Institute also has well-equipped labs and a big library.
NIT Kurukshetra Facts & Figures:
|NIRF Ranking||2020:- 402019:- 412018:- 432017:- 422016:- 18|
|Also known as||NIT KKR|
|Type||Government of India (Autonomous Body)|
|Popular Courses||B.Tech | M.Tech | MBA & P.hd.|
|Entrance Tests Accepted||JEE (for UG)|
NIT Kurukshetra Program Offered & Seat Matrix UG (B.Tech):
|3||Electronics and Communication Engineering||185|
Production and Industrial Engineering
NIT Kurukshetra Eligibility Criteria 2021:
- Candidate must have passed 12th (10+2) with a minimum of 75% aggregate marks with Physics, Mathematics/ Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology
- For Reserved Category Candidates:-Candidate must have passed 12th (10+2) with a minimum of 75% aggregate marks with Physics, Mathematics/ Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology
- Qualify the JEE Main Exam 2021 and must have a valid score obtained in JEE Main.
DASA 2021- Direct Admission of Students Abroad.
- Applicants should have completed successfully Mathematics, Physics and one of the subjects from (Chemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Biology) in 11th AND / OR 12th, as applicable in the respective boards.
- Applicants should have a minimum total valid score of 1800 in SAT Subject Tests (Subjects like Mathematics Level 2, Physics, and Chemistry).
NIT Kurukshetra Admission Procedure 2021:
Admission to all the engineering and architecture undergraduate programs at NIT Kurukshetra candidates, have to follow some steps which are given below:
- Admissions are done on the basis of rank in JEE (Main).
- Candidates must have participated in JoSAA Counselling and CSAB Special Round counseling.
- Shortlisted candidates will be further called for Physical or Online Reporting at the allotted college.
- NRI candidates who are eligible for the CIWG category will have the option to take admission through DASA (Direct Admission of Students Abroad).
NIT Kurukshetra Placements:
|Highest Package||INR 40.63 LPA|
|Average Package||INR 11.77 LPA|
|Amazon | Nestle | Honda | Coca Cola | Indian Oil | Mahindra | Nest | Bharat Petroleum | Ford | Hero | Flipkart and Microsof or more.|
|Caution Money (One Time, Refundable)||₹6,600|
|One Time Fees||₹6,700|
|Tuition Fee (per Semester)||₹62,500|
|Other fees (per Semester)||₹7,250|
|Hostel Seat Rent (per Semester)||₹5,500 (1-Seater)₹4,400 (2-Seater)₹3,300 (3-Seater)|
|Electricity Charges (per Semester)||₹4,000 (1-Seater)₹2,700 (2-Seater)₹2,700 (3-Seater)|
|Total||₹9,500 (1-Seater)₹7,100 (2-Seater)₹6,000 (3-Seater)|
- 100% Tuition Fee waiver for SC/ST students.
- A full refund of the Tuition Fee for GEN and OBC students whose family income is less than Rs.1 lakh per annum.
- Remission of 2/3rd of the Tuition Fee for GEN and OBC students for only those candidates whose family income is between Rs.1 lakh to Rs.5 lakhs per annum.
Documents Required for Admission to NIT Kurukshetra:
1. Provisional Admission Letter
2. Admission fee receipt paid
3. Printout of the “Online Enrolment Form”
4. Applicant’s Passport (Nationals of Nepal who does not have a passport, copy of Authenticated Citizenship Card has to be submitted*).
5. Proof for date of birth (Secondary Education Board / University Certificate [Class X or equivalent] or any certificate issued by the Government authorities).
6. Mark Sheet of 10th, 11th, and 12th (or) Equivalent examination.
7. Certificate from School authorities (in the format given in Appendix-II on the letterhead of the school) as proof of completion of 11th and 12th Standard or equivalent.
8. Percentage/CGPA equivalence provided by the principal examination authorities, in case CGPA on a different scale than that specified is awarded OR if only grades are awarded.
9. Proof of 2 years of education (11th and 12th or equivalent) in a foreign country in case of NRI (School leaving certificate/Mark sheets/Study Certificate as in appendix IV).
Applicants applying under the CIWG quota has to produce all the following documents:
- Copy of the passport of the parent working in the gulf.
- Conduct / Character Certificate from the Institution last attended.
- Complete Postal Address with Mobile No. & Email ID (on A4 paper)
- Undertaking by Student & Parent against Ragging (form enclosed)