Indian Institute of Information Technology Pune, is one of the newly established 20IIITs set up under Public-Private Partnership (PPP) in 2016 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD). The institute is mentored by the College of Engineering (COEP). IIIT Pune is declared as an institute of National Importance.
The institute offers to the students internships programs, research programs, technical projects, and on-field training. The institute has also tie-up with many esteemed organizations which train the students to perform better in the corporate world and provide them adequate guidance to excel individually.
Facts & Figure:
|Approved by||UGC, AICTE|
|Accepted Exam||JEE Mains|
- Candidates must have to take JEE Main Examination.
- Admissions are done on the basic of rank in JEE Main examination through JoSAA counseling and CSAB special round.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or its equivalent qualifying examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology and Technical vocational subject, any one of these as an optional subject with minimum 75% marks (65% for SC/ST candidates).
- Candidates with category wise top 20 percentile in his/her respective board examination can also eligible.
IIIT Pune Courses offered: 4-Years B.E./B.Tech:
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
IIIT Pune Seat Matrix:
|Computer Science and Engineering||175|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||50|
IIIT Pune Cut-offs 2020:
IIIT Pune offers a four-year B.Tech programe at the UG level. Admission to the programe is based on JEE Main rank, followed by Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) Counseling and Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) special round counseling. The institute-specific qualifying cut-off is announced after the declaration of JEE Main 2020 result to manage the seat allotment process. The seat allotment process is based on the college cut-off and the candidate’s preference for courses and colleges. The cut-offs are generally declared in seven rounds of JoSAA Counseling based on opening and closing ranks for each of the programe-specific specializations. In 2020 due to Covid-19 pandemic there is only 6 rounds conducted in JoSAA counseling. The last round of JoSSA counseling cut-offs mention below-
IIIT Pune Branch-wise Cut-offs 2020:
IIIT, Pune, Cut Off (BTech): General Category
Computer Science and Engineering
Electronics and Communication Engineering
IIIT Pune Fee Structure:
|Caution money (one Time Refundable)||5,000|
|Other Fee Fees||2,000|
|Tuition Fees (per year)||1.80 Lakhs|
|Total||2.35 lakhs per year aprox|
|One Time fee||5,000|
|Hostel Rent (per year)||24,000|
|Mess Advance (per year)||40,000|
|Total||69,000 per year aprox|
The college is newly established in 2016, as its placements were very good. Nearly 95% of the students are placed in this year. The highest salary package offered is 20 LPA, and the average salary package offered is 7 LPA in ECE. Top recruiters like Amazon, Gojek, Oyo, Capgemini, etc, are some of the companies that visit the campus for placement.
|Highest Package offered||22.00 LPA|
|Average Package Offered||7.58 LPA|
Infrastructure & Campus:
Infrastructure of this college is nice. Classrooms are equipped with a digital board, good benches, Wi-Fi is available all over the campus. In the hostel the students have a separate bed, table, chair and cupboard. Hostels are very hygiene and very clean. Sports facilities are also here and there is a big cricket ground.
Teachers are very helpful, well-qualified and very knowledgeable in their respective field. Teaching quality is very good. The course curriculum is highly relevant and it makes students industry-ready. Lab teaching is in a very practical way. Some guest faculty members from IITs might visit here.
IIIT Pune Facilities:
The Indian Institute of Information and Technology, Pune is well-equipped with essential facilities required for students to enjoy campus life.
- The institute provides hostel facilities offering accommodation in hostels separately for girls and boys.
- Individual Departmental Libraries with hundreds of book.
- The institute provides sports facilities. The college has a Badminton Court, Tennis Court, Cricket Ground and Football for the overall development of students.
- Computer Laboratories with updated computer set-ups, printers and all the necessary equipment are provided to the students.
- The institute also provides high-speed internet facility and has Wi-Fi routers installed throughout the campus.
- A gymnasium is also made available for the students, keeping in mind the importance of physical health and well-being of the students.
- The music club is also equipped with musical instruments for the students to learn and enjoy music.
- The campus also has canteens situated in different locations on the campus which provide fresh snakes to the students.
IIIT Pune Scholarship:
The Indian Institute of Information Technology, Pune offers various reimbursement schemes for SC/ST/ OBC and NT (Nomadic Tribes) based on merit as well as the total family income of the candidate. These scholarships or fellowships are funded by the MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource and Development).
Many state government schemes are also offered to students belonging to a particular state. Students can also apply for scholarships and schemes on the National Scholarship Portal offered by the Government of India under various departments/ministries.