National Institute of Technology (NIT) Meghalaya
The National Institute of Technology (NIT) Meghalaya is one of 31 NITs in India established under the NIT Act 2007 (Amended 2012). NIT Meghalaya was established in 2010 and started functioning from its temporary campus in Shillong in 2012. The college is situated in Shillong, Meghalaya, India. The college has a decent infrastructure with good facilities and machines. But has less no. of faculties members. NIT Meghalaya has a total strength of 646 including 117 female students. The institute has accreditation from UGC and affiliation from the All India Council for Technical Education. The campus area of the college is spread over 300 acres. The institute offers education at the undergraduate, doctoral and postgraduate levels in the fields of science, technology, and engineering. NITM is Ranked as the topper among the 11 new NITs.
NIT Meghalaya Facts & Figures:
|NIRF Ranking||2020 – 612019 – 672018 – 982017 – 1002016 – 57|
|Also known as||NITM|
|Type||Government of India (Autonomous Body)|
|Entrance Tests Accepted||JEE (for UG)|
Programs offered at NIT Meghalaya for UG(B.Tech):
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
NIT Meghalaya Seat Matrix UG (B.Tech):
|2||Computer Science and Engineering||30|
|3||Electronics and Communication Engineering||30|
|5||Electrical and Electronics Engineering||30|
NIT Meghalaya Eligibility Criteria 2021:
- Candidate must have passed 12th (10+2) with a minimum of 75% aggregate marks with Physics, Mathematics/ Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology
- For Reserved Category Candidates:-Candidate must have passed 12th (10+2) with a minimum of 75% aggregate marks with Physics, Mathematics/ Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology
- Qualify the JEE Main Exam 2021 and must have a valid score obtained in JEE Main.
DASA 2021- Direct Admission of Students Abroad:
- Applicants should have completed successfully Mathematics, Physics and one of the subjects from (Chemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Biology) in 11th AND / OR 12th, as applicable in the respective boards.
- Applicants should have a minimum total valid score of 1800 in SAT Subject Tests (Subjects like Mathematics Level 2, Physics, and Chemistry).
NIT Meghalaya Admission Procedure 2021:
Admission to all the engineering and architecture undergraduate programs at NIT Meghalaya candidates, have to follow some steps which are given below:
- Admissions are done on the basis of rank in JEE (Main).
- Candidates must have participated in JoSAA Counselling and CSAB Special Round counseling.
- Shortlisted candidates will be further called for Physical or Online Reporting at the allotted college.
- NRI candidates who are eligible for the CIWG category will have the option to take admission through DASA (Direct Admission of Students Abroad).
NIT Meghalaya Placements:
Above 73%% of students are placed last year in NIT Meghalaya. More than 20 companies visited the last year and 116 students successfully placed with top-notched companies under different sectors.
|Highest Package||INR 19.20 LPA|
|Average Package||INR 5.81 LPA|
- Sapient and several others.
NIT Meghalaya FEE Structure:
|Caution Money (One Time, Refundable)||₹5,000|
|One Time Fees||₹3,250|
|Tuition Fee (per Semester)||₹62,500|
|Other fees (per Semester)||₹7,500|
|Hostel Caution Money (One Time, Refundable)||₹5,000|
|One Time Fees||₹500|
|Hostel Seat Rent (per Semester)||₹5,000|
|Electricity & Water charges (per Semester)||₹1,500|
|Other fees (per Semester)||₹1,500|
|Mess Advance (per Semester)||₹16,000|
- 100% Tuition Fee waiver for SC/ST students.
- A full refund of the Tuition Fee for GEN and OBC students whose family income is less than Rs.1 lakh per annum.
- Remission of 2/3rd of the Tuition Fee for GEN and OBC students for only those candidates whose family income is between Rs.1 lakh to Rs.5 lakhs per annum.
Documents Required for Admission to NIT Meghalaya:
- Provisional Admission Letter
- Admission fee receipt paid
- Printout of the “Online Enrolment Form”.
- Applicant’s Passport (Nationals of Nepal who does not have a passport, copy of Authenticated Citizenship Card has to be submitted*).
- Proof for date of birth (Secondary Education Board / University Certificate [Class X or equivalent] or any certificate issued by the Government authorities).
- Mark Sheet of 10th, 11th, and 12th (or) Equivalent examination.
- Certificate from School authorities (in the format given in Appendix-II on the letterhead of the school) as proof of completion of 11th and 12th Standard or equivalent.
- Percentage/CGPA equivalence provided by the principal examination authorities, in case CGPA on a different scale than that specified is awarded OR if only grades are awarded.
- Proof of 2 years of education (11th and 12th or equivalent) in a foreign country in case of NRI (School leaving certificate/Mark sheets/Study Certificate as in appendix IV).
Applicants applying under the CIWG quota has to produce all the following documents:
- Copy of the passport of the parent working in the gulf.
- Conduct / Character Certificate from the Institution last attended.
- Complete Postal Address with Mobile No. & Email ID (on A4 paper)
- Undertaking by Student & Parent against Ragging (form enclosed)