JoSAA & CSAB Counselling Dirfference 2021
JoSAA Counselling is the first series of counseling after JEE Main and JEE Advanced. It allocates seats in engineering universities (100+ institutes for the academic year 2020-21), including 23 IITs, 31 NITs, IIEST Shibpur, 26 IIITs, and 29 Other-Government Funded Technical Institutes (Other-GFTIs) according to your eligibility rank and choice filling.
The students who just qualified for the JEE Mains or JEE Advanced are eligible for the JoSAA counselling 2021 for admission in Centrally Funded Technical Institutes.
CSAB is a special round of counseling which is conducted to fill the vacant seats of NIT+ System IIIT & GFTIs after ending of JoSAA Counselling admission process. Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) are not the participating institutes of CSAB. The students who just qualified for the JEE Mains are eligible for the CSAB counseling 2021
Candidates are supposed to apply on both the platforms but firstly we should know that JoSAA counselling and CSAB Counselling is not held parallelly. After completion of all round of JoSAA counselling, CSAB conducted spot round counselling on remaining seats for NIT, IIIT & GFTI. If you have already participated in JoSAA counselling and didn’t get a seat, you can definitely register for CSAB also.
Counselling Rounds in JoSAA & CSAB Counselling:
JoSAA Counselling Registration Fee:
- If you have secured a seat through JoSAA counselling 2021, make sure that you download the provisional allotment letter along with the e-challan for the payment of seat acceptance fee.
- Seat acceptance fee for general candidates is Rs. 35,000, whereas for SC, GEN-PwD, ST, OBC-NCL-PwD, and SC-PwD the fee will be Rs.15,000/- that can be paid either through e-challan or through SBI net Banking.
- This fee will be included in their semester fees once the students have confirmed admission.
CSAB Counselling Registration Fee:
- Candidate who did not register for JoSAA/ registered for JoSAA and did not get a seat/ got a seat in JoSAA and did not pay the seat acceptance fee for General/ EWS/ OBC-NCL Rs 37,000 and for SC/ ST/ PwD Rs 17,000
- Fee for candidates whose last allocated a seat in JoSAA was an IIT or General/ EWS/ OBC-NCL Rs 37,000 and for SC/ ST/ PwD Rs 17,000
- Fee for candidates who were allocated a seat in NIT/ IIIT/ GFTI in JoSAA paid the seat acceptance fee and opted to participate in a special round for General/ EWS/ OBC-NCL Rs. 2,000/- and for SC/ ST/ PwD Rs. 2,000/-.
- Fee for candidates who were allocated a seat in NIT/ IIIT/ GFTI under SC/ ST category paid the seat acceptance fee but withdrawn/ cancelled the seat for General/ EWS/ OBC-NCL Rs 2,000 and for SC/ ST/ PwD Rs. 2,000/-.
Fee for candidates who were allocated a seat in NITs/ IIITs/ GFTIs in JoSAA and paid the seat acceptance fee but did not accept the seat/ cancelled/ surrender/ withdrawn (Seat acceptance paid by candidates in JoSAA shall be adjusted in the special round for General/ EWS/ OBC-NCL Rs 2,000 and for SC/ ST/ PwD Rs. 2,000/-.