The National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli which is also known as NIT Trichy. NIT Trichy was Established in the year 1964. The National Institute of Technology in Tiruchirappalli is a government-run institution for higher education and advanced research, mainly in engineering and technology. It was started as the Regional Engineering College and is amongst the oldest establishments by the National Institutes of Technology (NITs) system. It offers 10 undergraduate and 28 graduate programs. The NIRF Ranking of NIT Trichy is 10 as of 2020. The institute has accreditation from UGC and affiliation from the All India Council for Technical Education.
NIT Trichy Facts & Figures:
|NIRF Ranking||2020 – 092019 – 102018 – 112017 – 112016 – 12|
|Location||Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu|
|Also known as||NIT Trichy|
|Type||Government of India (Autonomous Body)|
|Popular Courses||UG, PG, and PhD|
|Entrance Tests Accepted||JEE (for UG)|
Programs offered at NIT Trichy for UG (B.Tech):
Chemical Engineering | Civil Engineering | Computer Science and Engineering | Production Engineering | Electrical and Electronics Engineering and many more.
NIT Trichy Seat Matrix UG (B.Tech):
|3||Computer Science and Engineering||119|
|4||Electronics and Communication Engineering||117|
|6||Metallurgical and Materials Engineering||78|
|7||Electrical and Electronics Engineering||116|
|9||Instrumentation and Control Engineering||117|
NIT Trichy Eligibility Criteria 2021:
- Candidate must have passed 12th (10+2) with a minimum of 75% aggregate marks with Physics, Mathematics/ Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology
- For Reserved Category Candidates:-Candidate must have passed 12th (10+2) with a minimum of 75% aggregate marks with Physics, Mathematics/ Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology
- Qualify the JEE Main Exam 2021 and must have a valid score obtained in JEE Main.
DASA 2021- Direct Admission of Students Abroad.
- Applicant should have completed successfully Mathematics, Physics and one of the subjects from (Chemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Biology) in 11th AND / OR 12th, as applicable in the respective boards.
- Applicant should have a minimum total valid score of 1800 in SAT Subject Tests (Subjects like Mathematics Level 2, Physics, and Chemistry)
NIT Trichy Admission Procedure 2021:
Admission to all the engineering and architecture undergraduate programs at NIT Trichy candidates, have to follow some steps which are given below:
- Admissions are done on the basis of rank in JEE (Main).
- Candidates must have participated in JoSAA Counselling and CSAB Special Round counseling.
- Shortlisted candidates will be further called for Physical or Online Reporting at the allotted college.
- NRI candidates who are eligible for the CIWG category will have the option to take admission through DASA (Direct Admission of Students Abroad).
NIT Trichy Placements:
Above 95% of candidates are placed in NIT Trichy every year. The department has a database of about 500 companies in its recruiters’ file. It organizes and coordinates the Campus Placement Programme, every year, where more than 220 companies visit the campus.
|Highest Package||INR 42 LPA|
|Average Package||INR 6.5 LPA|
Top Recruiters Company:
Amazon | DE Shaw | Goldman Sachs | Microsoft | Uber | HCL | Infosys | TCS | Wipro
NIT Trichy Fee Structure:
1st Semester complete fee structure:-
|Category||OP/OBC||SC / ST||PWD (OP / OBC)||OP / OBC||OP / OBC|
- 100% Tuition Fee waiver for SC/ST students.
- A full refund of the Tuition Fee for GEN and OBC students whose family income is less than Rs.1 lakh per annum.
- Remission of 2nd/3rd of the Tuition Fee for GEN and OBC students for only those candidates whose family income is between Rs.1 lakh to Rs.5 lakhs per annum.
Documents Required for Admission in NIT Trichy:
- Provisional Admission Letter
- Admission fee receipt paid
- Printout of the “Online Enrolment Form.
- Applicant’s Passport (Nationals of Nepal who does not have a passport, copy of Authenticated Citizenship Card has to be submitted*).
- Proof for date of birth (Secondary Education Board / University Certificate [Class X or equivalent] or any certificate issued by the Government authorities).
- Mark Sheet of 10th, 11th, and 12th (or) Equivalent examination.
- Certificate from School authorities (in the format given in Appendix-II on the letterhead of the school) as proof of completion of 11th and 12th Standard or equivalent.
- Percentage/CGPA equivalence provided by the principal examination authorities, in case CGPA on a different scale than that specified is awarded OR if only grades are awarded.
- Proof of 2 years of education (11th and 12th or equivalent) in a foreign country in case of NRI (School leaving certificate/Mark-Sheets/Study Certificate as in appendix IV).
Applicants applying under the CIWG quota has to produce all the following documents:
- Copy of the passport of the parent working in the gulf.
- Conduct / Character Certificate from the Institution last attended.
- Complete Postal Address with Mobile No. & Email ID (on A4 paper)
- Undertaking by Student & Parent against Ragging (form enclosed)
Thank you for the information. Today I Visited almost 10 websites but no one matches the prediction level of josaacounselling.com … 100% genuine and accurate data