IIIT Sri City
Indian Institute of Information Technology was settled by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India under the partnership of Andhra Pradesh Government and Industry partner in 2013. It is also declared an Institute of National Importance.
IIIT Sri City campus area is spread over 80 acres in the Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh. It offers admission to BTech, MS by Research and Ph.D. programmes in the area of Computer Science Engineering (CSE) and Electronics Communications Engineering (ECE).
IIIT Sri City Highlights:
|Institute Type||Public-Private Partnership|
|Location||Sri City, Andhra Pradesh|
|Accepted Exam||JEE Mains|
|Campus Area||80 Acres|
Courses Offered: 4-Years B.E./B.Tech
- Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)
|Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)||250|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)||88|
- Candidates must have to qualify JEE Mains Examination.
- Admissions are done on the basis of rank in JEE Main examination through JoSSA counselling & CSAB special round counselling.
- Candidates must have to passed 10+2 examination or its equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology and Technical vocational subject, any one of these as an optional subject with minimum 75% marks for Gen/OBC and 65% marks for SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates who got category wise top 20 percentile in his/her respective board can also eligible for counselling.
IIIT Sri City Branch wise Cut-offs 2020:
IIITDM Jabalpur offers a four-year B.Tech programme at the UG level. Admission to the programme is based on JEE Main rank, followed by Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) Counselling and Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) special round counselling. The institute-specific qualifying cut-off is announced after the declaration of JEE Main 2020 result to manage the seat allotment process. The seat allotment process is based on the college cut-off and the candidate’s preference for courses and colleges. The cut-offs are generally declared in seven rounds of JoSAA Counselling based on opening and closing ranks for each of the programme-specific specialisations. In 2020 due to Covid-19 pandemic there is only 6 rounds conducted in JoSAA counselling. The last round of JoSSA counselling cut-offs mention below-
IIIT Sri City Cut-offs 2020 (Round-6):
|Branch||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
|Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)||14201||28394|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)||27789||35758|
|Caution Money (one time refundable)||15,000|
|One Time Fee||15,000|
|Tuition Fee (per year)||2.30 lakhs aprox|
|Total||2.61 lakhs per year aprox|
|Hostel seat rent (per year)||30,000|
|Hostel electricity charges (per year)||34,000|
|Total||64,000 per year aprox|
The placement is quite good for this institute. The institute promotes research in the field of information technology to help the students tackle real-world problems. The institute gives on-campus placement opportunities to the students, every year more than 70% of students get recruited in top-notch technical industries of India.
Infrastructure & Campus:
The College campus is good over here, but the main college building is still under construction, but classrooms are well built and equipped with Wi-Fi facilities and are air-conditioned. The institute provides hostel accommodation separately for boys and girls. The classroom infrastructure includes 15 fully air-conditioned classrooms, which are equipped with modern audio-visual aids.
Faculty members are well-qualified in their stream. All the faculty members have PhD holders. The course curriculum is provided by IIIT Hyderabad as it is tied-up with our college. Hence, the course curriculum is good, and it compels learning through projects, which make us industry-ready. Teaching faculty members are highly capable and friendly with students. They help us whenever we need assistance.
IIIT Sri City is well equipped with the latest technology facilities to the needs of students and staff. They offer a state-of-the-art infrastructure to its students and staff members so that they can gain knowledge as well as enjoy the facilities provided by the institute. IIITS provides the following facilities
Library: IIITS offers a well-equipped and digitalized library that contains more than thousands of books and publishes made by scholars across the globe. Students and staff can use the contents of the library for various research and project purposes.
Hostel: The institute provides hostel accommodation separately for boys and girls. They have also rented apartments for Ph.D. and PG students in the Sri City township. The institute offers mess services to its hostellers for breakfast, lunch, tea, and dinner. The hostels are equipped with a Wi-Fi connection as it is important for student academic purposes. The classroom infrastructure includes 15 fully air-conditioned classrooms, which are equipped with modern audio-visual aids.
Sports: IIITS encourages student’s participation in various sports activities to keep their physical health intact and to improve their mental health apart from their academic studies. The institute provides sports facilities such as cricket, football, basketball, badminton, volleyball, etc.
Gym: They also offer gym facilities for boys and girls. There are various tournaments held by the institute that ensure a healthy, active atmosphere among students.
Cafeteria: A canteen is available inside the campus for students and faculty
Medical: There is a health care centre with an ambulance facility which is available 24×7.
IIIT Sri City Scholarship:
Numerous options are available to applicants under the IIIT Sri City Scholarships. College helps students in getting financial support through the following methods:
- IIIT Sri City offers part-time job opportunities like research and teaching assistants as a means of financial aid to the students in need.
- Education loans are also made available as a part of the “Central Sector Interest Subsidy Scheme.
- State / Central Government Fee Reimbursement Schemes:
- Many State Governments have fee reimbursement schemes for SC, ST, OBC, EBC etc., IIIT, Sri City, Chittoor students are eligible for such schemes from their respective state governments.
- Financial assistance is provided to ST students as a part of “National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education” scheme for ST students by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Gol.