Indian Institute of Information Technology Allahabad is a premier institute located in Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh was established in the year of 1999. It is one of the nineteen Indian Institute of Information Technology listed by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD). The institute was awarded the status of Deemed University in the year 2000.The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) has been ranked 103 among all engineering colleges in India in 2020.The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) has been ranked 82 among all engineering colleges in India in 2019.
IIIT Allahabad Highlights:
Mode of Admission:
- The candidate must have to qualify JEE Main Examination.
- Admissions are done on the basis of rank in JEE Main through JoSAA Counseling.
- Candidates must have passed the intermediate examination in the science stream from any recognized Board/ University.
- Candidate must have passed (10+2) examination with minimum 75% marks ( 65% marks for SC/ST/PWD candidates) in Physics, Mathematics as compulsory subject along with one subject Chemistry/ Biology/Computer science/ Bio-Technology.
- There are special seats reserved for top 20 percentile in the class 12th exam conducted by the respective board.
IIIT Allahabad Branch wise Cut-offs:
IIIT ALLAHABAD Cut Off (B.Tech): General Category
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Information Technology-Business Informatics
|One Time Fee
|Tuition Fee (per year)
|Other fee (per year)
|1.46 lakhs per year
Infrastructure & Campus Life:
The infrastructure is very good in IIIT, Allahabad. Hostels have spacious rooms, and the college also maintains cleanliness in hostels. There are a central library and well-equipped labs. The campus has its own medical clinic for the students and has a compound wall and ground. College provides all facilities like Wi-Fi, labs, classrooms, library, cafeteria, and canteen. In the hostel, there are a lot of facilities like a mess, gym, water purifier, and washing machine. The food served in the mess was tasty and healthy.
Teachers are very humble, qualified, and they are the best for their subject. They help and assist students at all levels. The teachers who are from different departments also help students if the need arises due to any reason. Faculty members are very cooperative and every faculty member has teaching experience of over 15 years in their fields. The course curriculum is relevant, and it prepares you not only in academics but also for your life. The course curriculum is just appropriate to make students ready for the industry.
The placement team is highly active, organized and one of the best among Indian engineering colleges. Almost all students get a job at the end of their courses. The Alumni base is very strong and supportive. Top recruiting companies like Walmart Labs, Amazon, Direct-I, Qualcomm, IBM are visit campus every year.