IIIT Delhi

About:

Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology Delhi (IIIT Delhi) is a state university was established in 2008 by the government of NCT of Delhi. IIIT Delhi is one of the prestigious institutions for education and research work which is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The Institute offers a B.Tech program at the undergraduate level, M.Tech programs at the postgraduate level, and Ph.D. programs at the doctoral level in many departments.

Rankings:

1.Internationally, IIIT Delhi was ranked 192 among Universities in the BRICS Nations by the QS World University Ranking of 2019.

2.IIIT Delhi was ranked 56 among engineering colleges in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2020.

3.IIIT Delhi was ranked 55 among engineering colleges in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2019.

Facts & Figures:

Established2008
TypeState University
LocationDelhi
Accepted ExamJEE Main
Approved byAICTE, UGC

IIIT Delhi Courses offered for B.Tech Students:

  • Computer Science & Artificial Intelligence (CSAI)
  • Computer Science& Applied Mathematics(CSAM)
  • Computer Science & Biosciences (CSB)
  • Computer Science & Design (CSD)
  • Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
  • Computer Science & Social Sciences(CSSS)
  • Electronics & Communication Engineering ( CSE)

Admission Procedure:

  • Candidates must have to clear JEE Main examination.
  • Admissions are done on the basis of rank in JEE Main through Joint Admission Counselling (JAC Delhi).
  • Admission for some seats of B.Tech (CSD) will be done through UCEED rank and some seats of B.Tech (CSSS) will be filled through class 12th score.

                                                 Note: UCEED is only for Delhi students.

Eligibility Criteria:

  • Candidates must have scored 80% marks in aggregate in five subjects including PCM and 80% or more in Mathematics in class 12tt examination.
  • There is  5% relaxation for OBC-NCL/PwD/Defence candidates and 10% relaxation for SC/ST candidates. 

IIT Delhi Cut-offs: Round-4

(For Delhi Region)

Branch  IIIT RankJEE Rank
Computer Science & Artificial Intelligence (CSAI)5353681
Computer Science& Applied Mathematics ( CSAM)240114444
Computer Science & Biosciences (CSB)351320393
Computer Science & Design (CSD)275916277
Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)14569002
Computer Science & Social Sciences (CSSS)296917385
Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)4182724270

(For Other State)

Branch  IIIT RankJEE Rank
Computer Science & Artificial Intelligence (CSAI)
Computer Science & Applied Mathematics ( CSAM)
Computer Science & Biosciences (CSB)7414879
Computer Science & Design (CSD)2361438
Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
Computer Science & Social Sciences (CSSS)2901940
Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)8965851

NOTE:
85% of seats are reserved for students of Delhi residence. The remaining 15% of seats are allocated to students who belong outside Delhi.

IIIT Delhi Fee Structure:

Institute Fee:

Caution Money (One time refundable)10,000                            
One Time fees2,000
Tuition Fee (per year)3,75,000
Total3.87 lakhs per year aprox

Hostel Fee:

Hostel Charge per semester75,000 ( 1-seater) 56,000 ( 2- seater) 50,000 ( 3-seater)
Mess advance per year36,000

Infrastructure:

Infrastructure is great, and labs are very good for research with every equipment. There are air-conditioners in every room, which makes it very good and comfortable for student while studying. Wi-Fi enabled all over the campus and speed of internet is excellent here. The quality of food served is the best in canteen and mess. It has a football ground, indoor stadium and also a gym. Also there is a hospital for the student which is open 24*7.

Faculty & Academics:

All the teachers are Ph.D. qualified thus have great knowledge in their area. They are very supportive either in academics or in some personal concern. They always encourage the students for the work of the project and input their knowledge into it. The course curriculum is very relevant giving industrial exposures thus makes job-ready.

IIIT Delhi Placements:

The placement cell of this college is excellent. Top companies like Google Amazon, Microsoft, IBM Goldman Sachs, Adobe, etc visit the campus every year for recruitment and offer smart salary packages to the students.

Average Package:   16.97 LPA

Highest Package:

  • 1.55 Crore ( internationally)
  • 43.31 LPA (domestically)

Facilities:

  • Separate Hostel for girls & boys
  • Mess  & Canteen
  • Cafeteria
  • Sports
  • Gym
  • Library
  • Hospital
  • Computer Labs
  • ATM
  • Stationery Shop

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *