Indian Institute of Information Technology, Ranch (IIIT Ranch) was set up by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) in 2016. The college declared as an Institute of National Importance. Currently, the institute is operating from its interim campus and its permanent campus which is spread over 67 acres is under construction.
The institute is offering Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) courses in Computer Science & Engineering and Electronics & Communication Engineering. The institute offers an M.Tech course in Machine Learning and Data Science, and Ph.D. in Computer Science & Engineering and Electronics & Communication Engineering.
Facts & Figures:
|Institute Type||Public-Private Partnership|
|Accepted exam||JEE Mains|
IIIT Ranchi Courses offered: 4-Years B.E./B.Tech:
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
IIIT Ranchi Seat Matrix:
|Computer Science & Engineering||75|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||75|
- Candidates must have to take JEE Main Examination.
- Admissions are done on the basis of rank in JEE Main examination through JoSAA counselling and CSAB special round counselling.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or its equivalent qualifying examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology and Technical vocational subject, any one of these as an optional subject with minimum 75% marks (65% for SC/ST candidates).
- Candidates with category-wise top 20 percentile in his/her respective board examination can also eligible.
IIIT Ranchi Cut-offs 2020:
IIIT Ranchi offers a four-year B.Tech programme at the UG level. Admission to the program is based on JEE Main rank, followed by Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) Counselling and Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) special round counselling. The institute-specific qualifying cut-off is announced after the declaration of JEE Main 2020 result to manage the seat allotment process. The seat allotment process is based on the college cut-off and the candidate’s preference for courses and colleges. The cut-offs are generally declared in seven rounds of JoSAA Counselling based on opening and closing ranks for each of the programme-specific specializations. In 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic, there are only 6 rounds conducted in JoSAA counselling. The last round of JoSSA counselling cut-offs mention below-
IIIT Ranchi Branch-wise cut-offs 2020: (JoSAA Round-6)
IIIT, Ranchi, Cut Off (BTech): General Category
Computer Science and Engineering
Electronics and Communication Engineering
IIIT Ranchi Fee Structure:
|Caution Money (one time, refundable)||10,000|
|One Time fee||2,000|
|Tuition Fee (per year)||1.80 lakhs aprox|
|Other fee (per year)||21,000|
|Total||2.13 lakhs per year aprox|
|Hostel Seat Rent (per year)||12,000|
|Electricity & Water charges (per year)||4,000|
|Other Fees (per year)||14,000|
|Mess Advance (per year)||32,000|
|Total||62,000 per year aprox|
IIIT Ranchi Placements:
Infrastructure & Campus:
Infrastructure is under construction. IIIT Ranchi has been allotted land for its permanent campus which will be ready in 2-3 years. Currently, students living on a temporary campus in Ranchi. Students have an academic block at the Jharkhand University of Technology in Ranchi. The library has a good amount of books. The coding culture of the institute is very nice for CSE as well as ECE students. The medical facility is good. The Wi-Fi and LAN both have good speed.
Teachers here are very helpful, qualified and knowledgeable. Their teaching quality is good. The course curriculum is good and relevant. Students focus on achieving their goal and do internships from the second year only to become industry-ready on their own. Various companies visit our college during the third year to provide internships.
All the facilities available at the National Institute of Technology (NIT), Jamshedpur are open for the students of IIIT Ranchi.
ATM and Post Office: The premises have ATMs of the State Bank of India, ICICI Bank, and RIT (Regional Institute of Technology) Branch of the State Bank of India. An RIT post office is also located within the campus.
Central Library: The library has a good collection of books; separate reading rooms stack room and provide reference materials and reprographic services.
Computer Centre: The computer center accommodates central computing facilities.
IIIT Ranchi Scholarship:
Students at IIIT Ranchi are eligible for different scholarships availed by Central and State Government. The eligible students can apply for the following scholarships.
- Central Sector Scholarship of Top Class Education for SC students (Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, New Delhi)
- National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST students
- National Scholarship for Persons with Disabilities (Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment GoI)
- Trust fund National Scholarship for Persons with Disabilities
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for Students Belonging to Minority Communities. (Ministry of Minority Affairs, New Delhi)
- Central Sector Scholarship for College and University Students (MHRD, GoI)
- Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Scholarship for SC/ST students
- Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL) Scholarship for SC/ST Students
- National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC) Scholarship
- Post Metric Scholarship for Minority (State)