National Institute of Technology Calicut is a government-run institution for higher education and advanced research, for pursuing UG and PG courses in the field of science and technology. The NITC campus is regarded as one of the most beautiful campuses situated in the foothills of the Western Ghats. National Institute of Technology Calicut is also known as NITC. The college was established in1961. NIT Calicut has had a great placement record with nearly 645 students being placed in Infosys, Intel, Larsen, and Toubro, Maruti Suzuki, Tata Consultancy Services, Saint Gobain, Tata Motors, and many more. The campus of the institute is spread over 300 acres of land.
NIT Calicut Facts & Figures:
|NIRF Ranking||2020 – 232019 – 282018 – 502017 – 442016 – 35|
|Also known as||NITC|
|Type||Government of India (Autonomous Body)|
|Popular Courses||B.Tech. / B.E.|
|Entrance Tests Accepted||JEE (for UG)|
Programs offered at NIT Calicut for UG(B.Tech):
Chemical Engineering | Computer Science and Engineering | Electronics and Communication Engineering | Civil Engineering | Bio-Technology | Electrical Engineering| Mechanical Engineering | Industrial and Production Engineering | Engineering Physics | Materials Science and Engineering | Architecture
NIT Calicut Seat Matrix UG(B.Tech):
|4||Computer Science and Engineering||179|
|6||Electronics and Communication Engineering||176|
|8||Industrial and Production Engineering||59|
|10||Materials Science and Engineering||30|
NIT Calicut Eligibility Criteria 2021:
- Candidate must have passed 12th (10+2) with a minimum of 75% aggregate marks with Physics, Mathematics/ Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology
- For Reserved Category Candidates:-Candidate must have passed 12th (10+2) with a minimum of 75% aggregate marks with Physics, Mathematics/ Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology
- Qualify the JEE Main Exam 2021 and must have a valid score obtained in JEE Main.
DASA 2021- Direct Admission of Students Abroad.
- Applicants should have completed successfully Mathematics, Physics and one of the subjects from (Chemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Biology) in 11th AND / OR 12th, as applicable in the respective boards.
- Applicants should have a minimum total valid score of 1800 in SAT Subject Tests (Subjects like Mathematics Level 2, Physics, and Chemistry).
NIT Calicut Admission Procedure 2021:
Admission to all the engineering and architecture undergraduate programs at MNNIT Allahabad candidates, have to follow some steps which are given below:
- Admissions are done on the basis of rank in JEE (Main).
- Candidates must have participated in JoSAA Counselling and CSAB Special Round counseling.
- Shortlisted candidates will be further called for Physical or Online Reporting at the allotted college.
- NRI candidates who are eligible for the CIWG category will have the option to take admission through DASA (Direct Admission of Students Abroad).
NIT Calicut Placements:
NITC has concluded the placements of academic batch 2019-20 in August 2020. The UG placement percentage was recorded as 80% whereas, the NIT Calicut PG placement percentage was 62.2%. More than 100 companies recruited UG and PG students from all the streams.
|Highest Package||INR 50 LPA|
|Average Package||INR 14.98 LPA|
Top Recruiters Company:
Capgemini | Goldman Sachs | Infosys | Intel | JP Morgan Chase & Co. | Wipro | Fidelity | ZS | CISCO | Tata Motors | Morgan Stanley, etc
|Caution Money (One Time, Refundable)||₹1,500|
|One Time Fees||₹4,000|
|Tuition Fee (per Semester)||₹62,500|
|Other fees (per Semester)||₹3,900|
|Hostel Caution Money (One Time, Refundable)||₹10,000|
|One Time Fees||₹5,000|
|Hostel Charges (per Month)||₹1,250|
|Mess Charges (per Semester)||₹20,000|
- 100% Tuition Fee waiver for SC/ST students.
- A full refund of the Tuition Fee for GEN and OBC students whose family income is less than Rs.1 lakh per annum.
- Remission of 2/3rd of the Tuition Fee for GEN and OBC students for only those candidates whose family income is between Rs.1 lakh to Rs.5 lakhs per annum.
Documents Required for Admission to NIT Calicut:
1. Provisional Admission Letter
2. Admission fee receipt paid
3. Printout of the “Online Enrolment Form”
4. Applicant’s Passport (Nationals of Nepal who does not have a passport, copy of Authenticated Citizenship Card has to be submitted*).
5. Proof for date of birth (Secondary Education Board / University Certificate [Class X or equivalent] or any certificate issued by the Government authorities).
6. Mark Sheet of 10th, 11th, and 12th (or) Equivalent examination.
7. Certificate from School authorities (in the format given in Appendix-II on the letterhead of the school) as proof of completion of 11th and 12th Standard or equivalent.
8. Percentage/CGPA equivalence provided by the principal examination authorities, in case CGPA on a different scale than that specified is awarded OR if only grades are awarded.
9. Proof of 2 years of education (11th and 12th or equivalent) in a foreign country in case of NRI (School leaving certificate/Mark sheets/Study Certificate as in appendix IV).
Applicants applying under the CIWG quota has to produce all the following documents:
- Copy of the passport of the parent working in the gulf.
- Conduct / Character Certificate from the Institution last attended.
- Complete Postal Address with Mobile No. & Email ID (on A4 paper)
- Undertaking by Student & Parent against Ragging (form enclosed)