The National Institute of Technology, Rourkela is one of the top engineering colleges in India and is recognized as an Institute of National Importance within the country. NIT Rourkela is located in Rourkela, Odisha and its campus is spread over 647 acres.
Which is also known as NIT Rourkela. The college has been ranked amongst top engineering colleges many a time. The institute was established in the academic year of 1961 and it continues to be one of the premier institutions to offer higher education since its inception. There are a total 20 Departments with 303 faculty members currently operating in the institute. NIT Rourkela has accreditation from UGC and affiliation from the All India Council for Technical Education.
NIT Rourkela Facts & Figures:
|NIRF Ranking||2020 – 162019 – 16|
|Also known as||NIT Rourkela|
|Type||Government of India (Autonomous Body)|
|Popular Courses||ENGINEERING / SCIENCE / MANAGEMENT / HUMANITIES|
|Entrance Tests Accepted||JEE (for UG)|
Programs offered at NIT Rourkela for UG(B.Tech):
Biotechnology and Medical Engineering | Civil Engineering | Chemical Engineering | Ceramic Engineering | Computer Science and Engineering | Electronics and Communication Engineering | Electrical Engineering | Food Process Engineering | Industrial Design | Mechanical Engineering | Metallurgical & Materials Engineering | Mining Engineering | Planning and Architecture
NIT Rourkela Seat Matrix UG(B.Tech):
|5||Computer Science and Engineering||136|
|7||Electronics and Communication Engineering||74|
|9||Metallurgical and Materials Engineering||74|
NIT Rourkela Eligibility Criteria 2021:
- Candidate must have passed 12th (10+2) with a minimum of 75% aggregate marks with Physics, Mathematics/ Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology
- For Reserved Category Candidates:-Candidate must have passed 12th (10+2) with a minimum of 75% aggregate marks with Physics, Mathematics/ Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology
- Qualify the JEE Main Exam 2021 and must have a valid score obtained in JEE Main.
DASA 2021- Direct Admission of Students Abroad.
- Applicants should have completed successfully Mathematics, Physics and one of the subjects from (Chemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Biology) in 11th AND / OR 12th, as applicable in the respective boards.
- Applicants should have a minimum total valid score of 1800 in SAT Subject Tests (Subjects like Mathematics Level 2, Physics, and Chemistry).
NIT Rourkela Admission Procedure 2021:
Admission to all the engineering and architecture undergraduate programmes at NIT Rourkela candidates, have to follow some steps which are given below:
- Admissions are done on the basis of rank in JEE (Main).
- Candidates must have participated in JoSAA Counselling and CSAB Special Round counselling.
- Shortlisted candidates will be further called for Physical or Online Reporting at the allotted college.
- NRI candidates who are eligible for the CIWG category will have the option to take admission through DASA (Direct Admission of Students Abroad).
NIT Rourkela Placements:
|Highest Package||INR 42 LPA|
|Average Package||INR 8.75LPA|
Top Recruiters Company:
Cognizant | Unacademy | Wipro | Tata Steel | TCS | Aditya Birla Group | Tata Steel | Tech Mahindra
NIT Rourkela Fee Structure:
GEN / GEN-EWS / OBC-NCL/ Family Income (Above 5 lakhs)
|Fee Components||1st Semester Fee (INR)|
|Admission Fee (one time)||2500|
|Other fees (Exam, Library, Electricity etc.)||5000|
|Student Activity Fee***||500|
|Hostel Seat Rent||5000|
|Caution Money (One time refundable)||10000|
|Institute Emergency Fund (One Time fee to be directly deposited into corpus fund at the time of admission)||12500|
|Hall Establishment Fee||5000|
|Mess Dues (Approximately)||17500|
|You might have paid at JoSAA/CSAB||73000**|
|Total to be paid at the time of admission to NIT Rourkela||49500|
- Out of Rs. 75000 (paid at JoSAA), Rs. 2000 deducted as a processing fee by JoSAA
- Usually, SAC Fee is INR 2000 per semester. Due to COVID-19, it has been reduced to INR 500 for Autumn-2020 only.
- 100% Tuition Fee waiver for SC/ST students.
- A full refund of the Tuition Fee for GEN and OBC students whose family income is less than Rs.1 lakh per annum.
- Remission of 2/3rd of the Tuition Fee for GEN and OBC students for only those candidates whose family income is between Rs.1 lakh to Rs.5 lakhs per annum.
Documents Required for Admission in NIT Rourkela:
1. Provisional Admission Letter
2. Admission fee receipt paid
3. Printout of the “Online Enrolment Form”
4. Applicant’s Passport (Nationals of Nepal who does not have a passport, copy of Authenticated Citizenship Card has to be submitted*).
5. Proof for date of birth (Secondary Education Board / University Certificate [Class X or equivalent] or any certificate issued by the Government authorities).
6. Mark Sheet of 10th, 11th, and 12th (or) Equivalent examination.
7. Certificate from School authorities (in the format given in Appendix-II on the letterhead of the school) as proof of completion of 11th and 12th Standard or equivalent.
8. Percentage/CGPA equivalence provided by the principal examination authorities, in case CGPA on a different scale than that specified is awarded OR if only grades are awarded.
9. Proof of 2 years of education (11th and 12th or equivalent) in a foreign country in case of NRI (School leaving certificate/Mark sheets/Study Certificate as in appendix IV).
Applicants applying under the CIWG quota has to produce all the following documents:
- Copy of the passport of the parent working in the gulf.
- Conduct / Character Certificate from the Institution last attended.
- Complete Postal Address with Mobile No. & Email ID (on A4 paper)
- Undertaking by Student & Parent against Ragging (form enclosed)