IIITDM Kurnool : Course, Placement, Fees & Cut-Off 2022
Indian Institute of Information Technology Design & Manufacturing, IIITDM Kurnool is a technical education institute which was established in the year 2015 and fully funded by MHRD, Government of India. The college is declared as an Institute of National Importance. The IIITDM Kurnool launched its academic programs by seeking help from its mentor institute IIITDM Kancheepuram, Tamil Nadu.
IIITDM Kurnool is accredited by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE). The institute offers 3 UG courses, 2 PG courses and 5 PhD courses.
IIITDM Kurnool Facts & Figure:
|Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh
Courses Offered & Seat Matrix: 4 Year B.E. / B.Tech:
|Computer Science and Engineering
|Artificial Intelligence and Data Science
|Electronics and Communication Engineering with specialization in Design and Manufacturing
|Mechanical Engineering with Specialization in Design and Manufacturing
IIITDM Kurnool Admission Procedure:
- Candidates must have to take JEE Main Examination.
- Admissions are done on the basic of rank in JEE Main examination through JoSAA counseling and CSAB special round.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or its equivalent qualifying examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology and Technical vocational subject, any one of these as an optional subject with minimum 75% marks (65% for SC/ST candidates).
- Candidates with category wise top 20 percentile in his/her respective board examination can also eligible.
IIITDM Kurnool offers a four-year B.Tech programe at the UG level. Admission to the programe is based on JEE Main rank, followed by Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) Counseling and Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) special round counseling. The institute-specific qualifying cut-off is announced after the declaration of JEE Main 2020 result to manage the seat allotment process.
The seat allotment process is based on the college cut-off and the candidate’s preference for courses and colleges. The cut-offs are generally declared in seven rounds of JoSAA Counseling based on opening and closing ranks for each of the programe-specific specializations. In 2020 due to Covid-19 pandemic there is only 6 rounds conducted in JoSAA counseling. The last round of JoSSA counseling cut-offs mention below-
Branch-wise Cut-offs 2020:
IIITDM Kurnool Cut Off (BTech): General Category
Artificial Intelligence and Data Science
Computer Science and Engineering
Electronics and Communication Engineering with specialization in Design and Manufacturing
Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Design and Manufacturing
|Caution money (one Time Refundable)
|Other Fee Fees
|Tuition Fees (per year)
|1.18 lakhs aprox
|1.44 lakhs per year aprox
|Caution Money (one Time, refundable)
|Hostel Seat Rrent
|Mess Advance (per year)
|60,200 per year aprox
The placement cell of IIITDM Kurnool is remarkable that facilitates the placement process each year for the benefit of its students. The highest compensation was Rs 10.5 LPA while the average package was Rs 4.77 LPA. The first batch that passed out from the institute was in the year 2019. As per recent year statistics the numbers are pretty fair for a newly established institute and are expected to increase as the years pass by.
Infrastructure & campus:
The infrastructure of this college is very decent. Hostel and mess are good. Other facilities like gym and sports complex are under construction and hope it will be finished soon. The lab facilities are good with new equipment. College has air-conditioned seminar halls, a library with new editions of books. The entire campus is Wi-Fi enabled and mess facility is available here. The college has also a cafeteria which provides healthy snakes to the students.
Faculty members here are well experienced. They are very helpful and always available for support. Teachers will be like a mentor here, you can ask for any help regarding academics and as well as career related. The college has design-oriented courses which are quite different from other IIITs. Design-oriented courses help students to be inter-disciplinary and different from others. Students will do projects from the first year itself which helps them gain practical knowledge too.
- Separate Hostel for Boys and Girls both
- Mess/ canteen
IIITDM Kurnool Scholarships:
IIITDM Kurnool offers scholarships under three categories, Merit-cum-Means Scholarship, SC/ST Scholarship & Institute free Studentship. The details are mentioned below:
- Merit-cum Means Scholarship – Rs1000/- per month is sanctioned to 25% of eligible B.Tech students whose family income is less than Rs 4.5 Lakh.
- SC/ST Scholarship – SC/ST students admitted to B.Tech programme whose family income is less than Rs 4.5 Lakh are eligible for concession of mess charges and exempted from payment of hostel seat rent.
- Institute free Studentship – It is sanctioned to 10% of eligible B.Tech students whose family income is less than Rs 4.5 Lakh. They are also exempted from payment of tuition fees.
- The students can also avail many state and national scholarships provided by the Government of India.
- Many scholarships granted by the AICTE and UGC are also available for the students.