Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Kalyani
Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Kalyani was set-up by the Government of india, Ministry of human Resource Development and Government of West Bengal in 2014 under not-for-profit Public-Private Partnership (N-PPP) model. It is located in Kalyani, West Bengal. The institute is declared as a National Importance in 2017 under the IIIT act. The Institute offers Bachelor of Technology and Doctorate programs in streams like Computer Science & Engineering. The Institute consists of a placement cell which manages and organizes annual campus placements for the recruitment of students in different reputed organizations.
The West Bengal government has provided 50 acres of land for setting up the IIIT Kalyani Campus. In present time the industry partners of IIIT Kalyani are Coal India Ltd. and Rolta Foundation.
Facts & Figure:
|College Type||Public-Private Partnership|
|Location||Kalyani, West Bengal|
|Accepted Exam||JEE Mains|
IIIT Kalyani Courses and Seat Matrix: B.Tech
|Computer Science and Engineering||118|
- Candidates must have to take JEE Main Examination.
- Admissions are done on the basic of rank in JEE Main examination through JoSAA counseling and CSAB special round.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or its equivalent qualifying examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology and Technical vocational subject, any one of these as an optional subject with minimum 75% marks (65% for SC/ST candidates).
- Candidates with category-wise top 20 percentile in his/her respective board examination can eligible.
IIIT Kalyani Cut-offs 2020:
IIIT Kalyani offers a four-year B.Tech programe at the UG level. Admission to the programe is based on JEE Main rank, followed by Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) Counseling and Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) special round Counselling. The institute-specific qualifying cut-off is announced after the declaration of JEE Main 2020 result to manage the seat allotment process. The seat allotment process is based on the college cut-off and the candidate’s preference for courses and colleges.
The cut-offs are primarily declared in seven rounds of JoSAA Counseling based on opening & closing ranks for each of the programe-specific specializations. In 2020, only 6 rounds of JoSAA Counseling were conducted by reason of Covid-19 Pandemic. 6th Round of JoSSA Counselling cut-offs mention below-
IIIT Kalyani Branch-wise Cut off 2020 (JoSAA Round-6):
|Branch||Opening rank||Closing rank|
|Computer Science and Engineering||10559||36362|
IIIT Kalyani Fee Structure
|Caution money (one Time Refundable)||3,000|
|One Time fees||2,620|
|Tuition Fees (per year)||1.80 lakhs aprox|
|Other fee (per year)||16,400|
|Total||2.02 lakhs per year aprox|
|Caution Money (one Time, refundable)||3,000|
|One Time fee||1,000|
|Hostel Rent (per year)||36,000|
|Mess Advance (per year)||28,256|
|Other Fee (per year)||2,000|
|Total||70,256 per year aprox|
IIIT Kalyani Placements: 2020
The placement cell of this college is very good. The highest salary package offered on-campus is 17 LPA by Jio. The average salary package offered is almost 7 LPA. Jio is the top recruiting company of CSE course. Adobe visited in this college, which offered good salary packages. The college provides an internship in 3rd and 4th year which gave a remarkable 100% internship opportunity to all the students. Many students managed to clear internship exams of some great tech giants.
IIIT Kalyani holds a good record in terms of placement. The students got placed in top IT companies like IBM, Infosys, Reliance Jio, United Technologies, L&T Infotech, and Virtusa every year.
|Highest Package offered||17.00 LPA|
|Average package offered||6.20 LPA|
Infrastructure & Campus:
The college doesn’t have its permanent campus, it is currently running in a building that the Government of West Bengal provides. Hostels are under construction, and currently, students are staying in a building that the college provides. The mess service is available and the quality of the food served in the mess is good. The students have all the technologies that a college should have in terms of academics. Classrooms are well-equipped with projector and sound system. The college has a library with sufficient of books to meet all students needs and also provide sports facility to the students for their physical and mental fitness.
Faculty: Faculty members in this college are highly knowledgeable and they are from prestigious institutions like IIT, ISM, Jadavpur University etc. IIIT Kalyani is mentored by IIT Kharagpur as it course curriculum is very relevant; it mainly focuses on topics which are usually asked in interview rounds. The course curriculum focuses on the development of students.
- IIIT Kalyani Facilities:
- Campus: The West Bengal government has granted 50 acres of land to set up Campus and built the infrastructure for the betterment of students.
- Laboratories: IIIT Kalyani is well-equipped with software and hardware labs.
- Library: The college provide a library with sufficient of books. The core objective of the library is to supportive students in academics.
- Hostel: The institute has well-equipped accommodation facilities for students. It has separate hostels for boys and girls both with all conveniences. The institute provides Wi-Fi facility all over the campus and 24*7 securities.
- Medical Services: IIIT Kalyani serves with emergency medical facilities and Ambulance service which is available for 24*7.
IIIT Kalyani Scholarships:
The Prime Minister Research Fellows Scheme (PMRF), this fellowship is awarded to students who are conducting research in a specific subject in different IITs, IIITs, NITs and different universities.
- Uttar Pradesh Scholarship Schemes: The scholarships provided by the Uttar Pradesh State Government are awarded to students who are a resident of Uttar Pradesh state.
- West Bengal State Scholarships: The West Bengal State Scholarships are awarded to students who belong to the SC/ST and EWS of the society of the West Bengal State.
- AICTE and UGC Scholarships: Many scholarships are awarded to students belonging to SC/ST/OBC and EWS category by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) and University Grants Commission (UGC)
- Scholarships Offered by MHRD: The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) offers scholarships to students belonging to the socially backward classes and economically weaker sections of the society.