National Institute of Technology Durgapur is a public engineering institute located in Durgapur, West Bengal. It was established in the year of 1960 as one of the eight such colleges aimed to function as a pacesetter for engineering education in the country. The institute was granted the status of Deemed University. The Institute offers B.Tech., M.C.A., M.Sc., M.B.A., M.Tech. and Ph.D. Degree Program. The college was formerly known as Regional Engineering College Durgapur. NIT Durgapur is a Fully-Funded premier Technological Institution of the Government of India and it is administered by an autonomous Board of Governors. The institution is one of the Top 10 National Institutions of Technology in India. The institute has been ranked at 47th position in India by the NIRF (National Institutional Ranking Framework) in India in 2020.
NIT Durgapur Facts & Figures:
|NIRF Ranking||2020 – 472019 – 462018 – 472017 – 552016 – 30|
|Location||Durgapur, West Bengal|
|Also known as||NITDGP|
|Type||Government of India (Autonomous Body)|
|Popular Courses||B.Tech | M.Tech. | MBA | P.hd.and M.Sc|
|Entrance Tests Accepted||JEE (for UG)|
Programs offered at NIT Durgapur for UG(B.tech):
Computer Science and Engineering | Electronics and Communication Engineering | Chemical Engineering | Civil Engineering | Electrical Engineering | Mechanical Engineering | Metallurgical and Materials Engineering | Chemistry | Chemical Engineering(dual) | Bio-Technology(Dual).
NIT Durgapur Seat Matrix UG(B.tech):
|4||Computer Science and Engineering||187|
|6||Electronics and Communication Engineering||97|
|9||Metallurgical and Materials Engineering||75|
NIT Durgapur Eligibility Criteria 2021:
- Candidate must have passed 12th (10+2) with a minimum of 75% aggregate marks with Physics, Mathematics/ Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology
- For Reserved Category Candidates:-Candidate must have passed 12th (10+2) with a minimum of 75% aggregate marks with Physics, Mathematics/ Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology
- Qualify the JEE Main Exam 2021 and must have a valid score obtained in JEE Main.
DASA 2021- Direct Admission of Students Abroad.
- Applicants should have completed successfully Mathematics, Physics and one of the subjects from (Chemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Biology) in 11th AND / OR 12th, as applicable in the respective boards.
- Applicants should have a minimum total valid score of 1800 in SAT Subject Tests (Subjects like Mathematics Level 2, Physics, and Chemistry).
NIT Durgapur Admission Procedure 2021:
Admission to all the engineering and architecture undergraduate programs at NIT Durgapur candidates, have to follow some steps which are given below:
- Admissions are done on the basis of rank in JEE (Main).
- Candidates must have participated in JoSAA Counselling and CSAB Special Round counseling.
- Shortlisted candidates will be further called for Physical or Online Reporting at the allotted college.
- NRI candidates who are eligible for the CIWG category will have the option to take admission through DASA (Direct Admission of Students Abroad).
NIT Durgapur Placements:
National Institute of Technology, Durgapur the only one of its kind in West Bengal has surpassed many milestones and created an ambiance of academic excellence. Along with core-sector jobs, over the past few years, students have also shown a keen interest in jobs in Core Engineering industries Software / IT Industries | Manufacturing Industries | Consultancy Firms | Public Sector Undertakings. Above 70% of the total students got recruited by some of the top companies every year.
|Highest Package||INR 29 LPA|
|Average Package||INR 6.5 LPA|
NIT Durgapur Placement Ratio:
|Computer Science and Engineering||88.64%|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||72.45%|
|Metallurgical and Materials Engineering||59.42%|
Microsoft | Infosys | Amazon | Oracle | Goldman Sachs | J.P. Morgan | Amdocs | C-Dot | IBM | L&T | TCS | Wipro | CESC | HSBC | PWC | Tata Motors | Reliance Jio | Hero Motocorp | Vedanta | Reliance Industries and etc.
NIT Durgapur FEE Structure:
|Caution Money (One Time, Refundable)||₹5,000|
|One Time Fees||₹8,500|
|Tuition Fee (per Semester)||₹62,500|
|Other fees (per Semester)||₹5,300|
|Hostel Caution Money (One Time, Refundable)||₹5,000|
|Hostel Seat Rent (per Semester)||₹4,000|
|Electricity charges (per Semester)||₹1,500|
|Other fees (per Semester)||₹1,800|
|Mess Advance (per Semester)||₹15,000|
- 100% Tuition Fee waiver for SC/ST students.
- A full refund of the Tuition Fee for GEN and OBC students whose family income is less than Rs.1 lakh per annum.
- Remission of 2/3rd of the Tuition Fee for GEN and OBC students for only those candidates whose family income is between Rs.1 lakh to Rs.5 lakhs per annum.
Documents Required for Admission to NIT Durgapur :
1. Provisional Admission Letter
2. Admission fee receipt paid
3. Printout of the “Online Enrolment Form”
4. Applicant’s Passport (Nationals of Nepal who does not have a passport, copy of Authenticated Citizenship Card has to be submitted*).
5. Proof for date of birth (Secondary Education Board / University Certificate [Class X or equivalent] or any certificate issued by the Government authorities).
6. Mark Sheet of 10th, 11th, and 12th (or) Equivalent examination.
7. Certificate from School authorities (in the format given in Appendix-II on the letterhead of the school) as proof of completion of 11th and 12th Standard or equivalent.
8. Percentage/CGPA equivalence provided by the principal examination authorities, in case CGPA on a different scale than that specified is awarded OR if only grades are awarded.
9. Proof of 2 years of education (11th and 12th or equivalent) in a foreign country in case of NRI (School leaving certificate/Mark sheets/Study Certificate as in appendix IV).
Applicants applying under the CIWG quota has to produce all the following documents:
- Copy of the passport of the parent working in the gulf.
- Conduct / Character Certificate from the Institution last attended.
- Complete Postal Address with Mobile No. & Email ID (on A4 paper)
- Undertaking by Student & Parent against Ragging (form enclosed)