Sardar Vallabhai National Institute of Technology (SVNIT)
Sardar Vallabhai National Institute of Technology is a part of the NIT chain. The college was established in 1961 as one of the RECs for imparting technical education in Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical Engineering. . Sardar Vallabhai National Institute of Technology is also known as SVNIT was granted deemed university status in 2002. At present, the Institute is offering Six UG Programmes, Eighteen PG Programmes, and Three M.Sc. Five Years Integrated Programme including a doctoral program in all above branches. SVNIT Surat ranked 54th in the NIRF Ranking for engineering colleges in India in 2020. The institute has accreditation from UGC and affiliation from the All India Council for Technical Education.
SVNIT Facts & Figures:
|NIRF Ranking||2020 – 542019 – 582018 – 612017 – 502016 – 15|
|Also known as||SVNIT|
|Type||Government of India (Autonomous Body)|
|Popular Courses||B.Tech | M.Tech. | P.hd.and M.Sc|
|Entrance Tests Accepted||JEE (for UG)|
Programs offered at SVNIT Surat for UG(B.tech):
Computer Science and Engineering | Electronics and Communication Engineering | Electrical Engineering | Chemical Engineering | Civil Engineering | Chemistry (5 Years, Integrated Master of Science) | Physics (5 Years, Integrated Master of Science) | Mathematics (5 Years, Integrated Master of Science).
SVNIT Surat Seat Matrix UG(B.tech):
|3||Computer Science and Engineering||1150|
|5||Electronics and Communication Engineering||172|
|6||Chemistry (5 Years, Integrated Master of Science)||75|
|7||Physics (5 Years, Integrated Master of Science)||75|
|8||Mathematics (5 Years, Integrated Master of Science)||75|
SVNIT Surat Eligibility Criteria 2021:
- Candidate must have passed 12th (10+2) with a minimum of 75% aggregate marks with Physics, Mathematics/ Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology
- For Reserved Category Candidates:-Candidate must have passed 12th (10+2) with a minimum of 75% aggregate marks with Physics, Mathematics/ Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology
- Qualify the JEE Main Exam 2021 and must have a valid score obtained in JEE Main.
DASA 2021- Direct Admission of Students Abroad.
- Applicants should have completed successfully Mathematics, Physics and one of the subjects from (Chemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Biology) in 11th AND / OR 12th, as applicable in the respective boards.
- Applicants should have a minimum total valid score of 1800 in SAT Subject Tests (Subjects like Mathematics Level 2, Physics, and Chemistry).
SVNIT Surat Admission Procedure 2021:
Admission to all the engineering and architecture undergraduate programs at SVNIT Surat candidates, have to follow some steps which are given below:
- Admissions are done on the basis of rank in JEE (Main).
- Candidates must have participated in JoSAA Counselling and CSAB Special Round counseling.
- Shortlisted candidates will be further called for Physical or Online Reporting at the allotted college.
- NRI candidates who are eligible for the CIWG category will have the option to take admission through DASA (Direct Admission of Students Abroad).
SVNIT Surat Placements:
The SVNIT placement cell facilitates shaping the students’ careers in various fields of Technology, Engineering, and Management. The placement of final-year students starts at the start of the academic year. Above 500 students got recruited by some of the top companies every year, out of which 425 were from B.Tech. program while the remaining 104 were from M.Tech. and M.Sc. programs. 7% of the total placement offers were from the dream companies.
|Highest Package||INR 37.5 LPA|
|Average Package||INR 7.4 LPA|
ATA HITACHI | Samsung | Reliance | HSBC | L&T | Ola | MU Sigma | Samsung | JP Morgan | Capgemini and Pidilite.
|Caution Money (One Time, Refundable)||₹5,000|
|One Time Fees||₹14,000|
|Tuition Fee (per Semester)||₹62,500|
|Other Fees (per Semester)||₹3,000|
|Hostel Caution Money (One Time, Refundable)||₹2,500|
|Hostel Seat Rent (per Year)||₹4,000 (Boys – 2-seater),₹4,000 (Girls – 2-seater),₹7,000 (Girls – 1-seater)|
|Electricity charges (per Year)||₹6,000 (Boys)₹6,800 (Girls)|
|Mess Advance (per Semester)||₹16,500|
- 100% Tuition Fee waiver for SC/ST students.
- A full refund of the Tuition Fee for GEN and OBC students whose family income is less than Rs.1 lakh per annum.
- Remission of 2/3rd of the Tuition Fee for GEN and OBC students for only those candidates whose family income is between Rs.1 lakh to Rs.5 lakhs per annum.
Documents Required for Admission to SVNIT Surat:
1. Provisional Admission Letter
2. Admission fee receipt paid.
3. Printout of the “Online Enrolment Form”
4. Applicant’s Passport (Nationals of Nepal who does not have a passport, copy of Authenticated Citizenship Card has to be submitted*).
5. Proof for date of birth (Secondary Education Board / University Certificate [Class X or equivalent] or any certificate issued by the Government authorities).
6. Mark Sheet of 10th, 11th, and 12th (or) Equivalent examination.
7. Certificate from School authorities (in the format given in Appendix-II on the letterhead of the school) as proof of completion of 11th and 12th Standard or equivalent.
8. Percentage/CGPA equivalence provided by the principal examination authorities, in case CGPA on a different scale than that specified is awarded OR if only grades are awarded.
9. Proof of 2 years of education (11th and 12th or equivalent) in a foreign country in case of NRI (School leaving certificate/Mark sheets/Study Certificate as in appendix IV).
Applicants applying under the CIWG quota has to produce all the following documents:
- Copy of the passport of the parent working in the gulf.
- Conduct / Character Certificate from the Institution last attended.
- Complete Postal Address with Mobile No. & Email ID (on A4 paper)
- Undertaking by Student & Parent against Ragging (form enclosed)