International Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore (IIITB) is a technical & research university located in Bangalore, Karnataka. It’s a premier institute focused on Post Graduate Computer Science and Electronics education and research. It was established in the year 1999 by the joint session of the Government of Karnataka and the IT Industry. IIIT Bangalore is a Deemed to be University in the de-novo category recognized under session-3 of the UGC Act.
IIIT Bangalore was ranked 62 among all the engineering colleges in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2020.
IIIT Bangalore is also the 3rd best engineering college in Bangalore in 2019.
Facts & Figures:
|Accepted Exam||JEE Main (for UG)|
|Approved by||UGC, NAAC, AICTE|
|PG Courses (M.Tech)||Duration|
|Information Technology||2 years|
|Electronic System Design||2 years|
|Computer Science & Engineering||5 Years|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||5 years|
- Candidates must have to take JEE Main examination and separately apply for IIIT-B counselling.
- Admissions are done on the basis of rank obtained in JEE Main conducted by NTA.
- The candidates must have passed (10+2) examination with Physics and Mathematics as one compulsory subject along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/any technical vocational subjects.
- Candidates must have secured at least 60% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination (10+2).
IIIT-B Branch-wise Cut-offs:
Dual Degree Programs:
|Integrated (B.Tech + M.Tech) in Computer science & Engineering||7300||5 years|
|Integrated (B.Tech + M. Tech) in Electronics & Communication Engineering||9000||5 years|
|Caution Money (one time refundable)||4,000|
|Tuition Fee ( per year)||3.20 lakhs|
|Total||3.24 lakhs per year aprox|
|Hostel caution money (one time refundable)||15,000|
|Hostel Fee (per year)||78,000|
|Mess charges (per year)||51,600|
|Total||1.44 lakhs per year aprox|
IIIT Bangalore is known for 100% placements every year with smart salary packages. The institute is famous for its out-of-box placement assistance and global exposure. Every year top recruiters like Microsoft, Amazon, IBM, Infosys, Adobe, etc, and start-ups like Dunzo, Pluribus, and MathWorks also visit the campus.
Average Package: 24.76 LPA
Highest Package: 43.31 LPA
Infosys, IBM, Accenture, Microsoft, Amazon, Intel, Dell, HP, Tata Motors, BOSCH, Flipkart, Walmart, etc..
Infrastructure & Campus Life:
College Infrastructure is very good and covers a large area. The campus has four main buildings which comprise of Admin block, Men’s hostel, women’s hostel, and Innovation Centre. There is 24*7 Wi-Fi available throughout the campus. All the labs in IIITB are designed and built as per the highest global standards. There is a huge library with an immense number of books. There is a separate hostel for boys & girls.
Campus Life: Campus life is outstanding here. Students can indulge themselves in different sports and they can take part in various activities conducted throughout the year. The college organizes technical, non-technical, and cultural events throughout the session.
- Separate hostel for Girls and Boys.
- Canteen & Cafeteria
- Yoga & Meditation centre
- Central Research Facility
- High Performing Computer Lab
- Open Wi-Fi campus
- 24 hrs internet facility
- Gym Facility
- Sports facilities:
- Volleyball courts
- Tennis Court
- Basketball Court
- 2 indoor badminton courts and 3 outdoor courts
- Table Tennis and Carom Tables etc…
- The IITB offers scholarships based on the merit and need of the candidate. The merit-based scholarship includes a stipend which is offered monthly.
- The merit-based scholarships are awarded based on a student’s academic achievements while the need-based scholarships are awarded based on financial requirements.
- The need-based scholarships cover the tuition in its entirety (full scholarship) or partially (half scholarship) along with a monthly stipend while the merit-based scholarships offer a monthly stipend.
- The Utkarsha Scholarship covers 100% of the tuition fee and is awarded to the top 5 students on a merit basis provided they have a JEE Main CRL Rank below 999. The scholarship continues for all 5 years provided the candidate maintains a CGPA of 3.6 or above.
The scholarships are awarded for one year and may be renewed based on the students’ academic performance