Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIIT) Surat
Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIIT), Surat was established in 2017 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD). Currently, IIIT Surat is operational from its temporary premises at Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology (SVNIT). The permanent campus is in progress over 50 acres of land.
The admission to the Indian Institute of Information Technology Surat is provided through JEE Main and JoSAA counseling. IIIT Surat offers admission in B.Tech. programme in two specializations Computer Science & Engineering and Electronics & Communication Engineering. IIIT Surat is one of the new IIITs that started functioning in the year 2017.
IIIT Surat Highlights:
|Recognized by||MHRD, Government of India|
|Accepted Exam||JEE Main|
IIIT Surat Course offered: 4-Years B.E./B.Tech:
- Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)
IIIT Surat Seats Matrix:
|Computer Science & Engineering||75|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||75|
- Candidates must have to take JEE Main Examination.
- Admissions are done on the basic of rank in JEE Main examination through JoSAA counseling and CSAB special round.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or its equivalent qualifying examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology and Technical vocational subject, any one of these as an optional subject with minimum 75% marks (65% for SC/ST candidates).
- Candidates with category-wise top 20 percentile in his/her respective board examination can also eligible.
IIIT Surat Branch wise Cut-offs 2020:
IIIT Surat offers a four-year B.Tech programe at the UG level. Admission to the programe is based on JEE Main rank, followed by Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) Counseling and Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) special round counseling. The institute-specific qualifying cut-off is announced after the declaration of JEE Main 2020 result to manage the seat allotment process. The seat allotment process is based on the college cut-off and the candidate’s preference for courses and colleges. The cut-offs are generally declared in seven rounds of JoSAA Counseling based on opening and closing ranks for each of the programe-specific specializations. In 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic, there are only 6 rounds conducted in JoSAA counseling. The last round of JoSSA counseling cut-offs mention below-
IIIT Surat Cut-offs 2020:
IIIT, Surat, Cut Off (BTech): General Category
Computer Science and Engineering
Electronics and Communication Engineering
IIIT Surat Fee Structure:
|One Time Fees||9,000|
|Tuition Fees (per year)||1.35 lakhs aprox|
|Other Fees (per year)||3,000|
|Total||1.47 lakhs per year aprox|
IIIT Surat Placements:
IIIT Surat is one of the new IIITs that started functioning from the year 2017, so its first batch to pass out in 2021.
Infrastructure & Campus:
The college doesn’t have its own campus as it is run under SVNIT Surat. In SVNIT Surat classrooms are well-equipped with essential things like tables, projectors and size of classrooms is too much efficient. Labs are also fully equipped with essential things. Central library is the main attraction of college which is totally air-conditioned and huge amount of collection of books. The students of IIIT Surat live in Tagore Bhavan hostel in SVNIT. Mess contains variety of foods and most of the dishes are very delicious. Mess is totally hygienic. Campus has one central canteen which has a tasty food at a minimum rate. Medical facilities are also good in campus. Games courts are also available in campus like football court, tennis court etc. It also has gym and swimming pool.
Teachers are very helpful and IIIT Surat also recruits its own faculty members. Most of the faculty members are from SVNIT. Professors are highly qualified and helpful. They provide help in projects. Course curriculum is totally relevant to industry. Curriculum covers almost all the exposure to subjects which make students to ready for industry. If you are really interested in coding and studying then you can take admission in this college in this course.
IIIT Surat Scholarship:
There are several scholarships offered by IIIT Surat to their students. Some of them are as follows:
- Loksabha Research Fellowships
- National Scholarship Portal
- Rajasthan Government – Scholarship System
- Uttar Pradesh Government – Scholarship System
- Madhya Pradesh Scholarship Portal
- Gujarat Scholarship Portal
- Jharkhand Scholarship Portal
- Bihar Scholarship Portal
- Madhya Pradesh State – Mukhyamantri Medhavi – Vidyarthi Yojna
- Jharkhand Scholarship Portal
- Central Sector Interest Subsidy Scheme