National Institute Of Technology (NIT), Silchar Cutoff, Courses, Fees & Placement
National Institute Of Technology (NIT), Silchar is one of the 31 National Institutes of Technology of India and was established in 1967 as a Regional Engineering College in Assam. In 2002 it was upgraded to the status of National Institute of Technology (NIT) and was declared as Institute of National Importance (INI) under the National Institutes of Technology (NIT) Act, 2007.
NIT Silchar offers UG, PG, and doctorate level courses such as B.Tech, B.Arch, M.Tech, etc., in Engineering, Science, Humanities, and four other departments. The institute has accreditation from UGC and affiliation from the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
NIT Silchar Facts & Figures:
|NIRF Ranking||2020 – 46|
2019 – 51
2018 – 57
2017 – 53
2016 – 65
|Also known as||NITs|
|Type||Government of India (Autonomous Body)|
|Popular Courses||B.Tech|M.Tech.|MBA|P.hd. and M.Sc|
|Entrance Tests Accepted||JEE (for UG)|
|Duration||4 Years (B.Tech)|
Courses & Seat Matrix at NIT Silchar UG (B.Tech):
|2||Computer Science and Engineering||161|
|4||Electronics and Communication Engineering||162|
|6||Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering||81|
NIT Silchar Cutoff 2020: B.Tech:
in the academic session JoSAA Counselling 2020-21, JoSAA started giving round-wise cutoff which started from 17 October 2020 which had released the cutoff for Round 1
And there were 6 rounds of this happening and its cutoff was released on 7 November 2020. A classification insightful split of shorts with opening and closing rank in from round 1 and round 6 of JoSAA Counselling, individually for Gender-Neutral applicants looking for B.Tech Admission at NIT Silchar, is given in the table below:
NIT Silchar Cut Off (BTech): General Category
Computer Science and Engineering
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
Eligibility Criteria NIT Silchar 2021:
- Candidate must have passed 12th (10+2) with a minimum of 75% aggregate marks with Physics, Mathematics/ Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology.
- For Reserved Category Candidates:-Candidate must have passed 12th (10+2) with a minimum of 75% aggregate marks with Physics, Mathematics / Chemistry / Biology / Biotechnology.
- Qualify the JEE Main Exam and must have a valid score obtained in JEE Main 2021.
DASA 2021 (Direct Admission of Students Abroad):
- Applicants should have completed successfully Mathematics, Physics and one of the subjects from (Chemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Biology) in 11th AND / OR 12th, as applicable in the respective boards.
- Applicants should have a minimum total valid score of 1800 in SAT Subject Tests (Subjects like Mathematics Level 2, Physics, and Chemistry).
Admission Procedure of NIT Silchar 2021:
Admission to all the engineering and architecture undergraduate programs at NIT Silchar candidates have to follow some steps, and there are some given below:
- Admissions are done on the basis of rank in JEE (Main).
- Candidates must have participated in JoSAA Counselling and CSAB Special Round Counselling.
- Shortlisted candidates will be further called for Physical or Online Reporting at the allotted college.
- NRI candidates who are eligible for the CIWG category will have the option to take admission through DASA.
The National Institute of Technology, NIT Silchar placement department aims to provide students with a platform for using their technical understanding to gain valuable experience by working in the mainstream industry.
During the academic year 2019-20, more than 130 companies visited the campus. Along with core-sector jobs, over the past few years, students have also shown a keen interest in employment in IT and Software, Management and Consultancy firms, Educational Organizations, and even in Start-Ups.
|Highest Package||Rs. 32.50 LPA|
|Average Package||Rs. 10.91 LPA|
- Ericsson India
- MU Sigma
NIT Silchar Fee Structure:
|Caution Money (One Time, Refundable)||₹5,000|
|One Time Fees||₹7,500|
|Tuition Fee (per Semester)||₹62,500|
|Other fees (per Semester)||₹5,370|
|Hostel Caution Money (One Time, Refundable)||₹10,000|
|Hostel Seat Rent (per Semester)||₹1,000|
|Electricity & Water charges (per Semester)||₹1,000|
|Other fees (per Semester)||₹2,130|
|Mess Advance (per Semester)||₹14,500|
- 100% Tuition Fee waiver for SC/ST students in NIT Silchar.
- A full refund of the Tuition Fee for GEN and OBC students whose family income is less than Rs.1 lakh/annum.
- Remission of 2/3rd of the Tuition Fee for GEN and OBC students for only those candidates whose family income is between Rs.1 lakh to Rs.5 lakh/annum.
Documents Required for Admission in NIT Silchar :
- Provisional Admission Letter.
- Admission fee receipt paid.
- Printout of the “Online Enrollment Form”.
- Applicant’s Passport (Nationals of Nepal who does not have a passport, copy of Authenticated Citizenship Card has to be submitted*).
- Proof for date of birth (Secondary Education Board / University Certificate [Class X or equivalent] or any certificate issued by the Government authorities).
- Mark Sheet of 10th, 11th, and 12th (or) Equivalent examination.
- Certificate from School authorities (in the format given in Appendix-II on the letterhead of the school) as proof of completion of 11th and 12th Standard or equivalent.
- Percentage/CGPA equivalence provided by the principal examination authorities, in case CGPA on a different scale than that specified is awarded OR if only grades are awarded.
- Proof of 2 years of education (11th and 12th or equivalent) in a foreign country in case of NRI (School leaving certificate/Mark sheets/Study Certificate as in appendix IV).