The National Institute of Technology, Warangal which is also known as NIT Warangal. NIT Warangal was Established in the year 1959. The college is formerly called Regional Engineering College Warangal. It is the first amongst 30 NITs established in the country. Its campus area is spread over 248 acres. Its NIRF ranking is 19th among all the NITs in India. The institute offers many undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various disciplines. The institute has accreditation from UGC and affiliation from the All India Council for Technical Education.
NIT Warangal Facts & Figures:
|Ranking||NIRF Engineering2020 – 192019 – 26|
NIRF Overall2019 – 612020 – 46
|Also known as||NIT Warangal|
|Type||Government of India (Autonomous Body)|
|Popular Courses||MCA / MBA / B.tech / M.tech / Ph.D.|
|Entrance Tests Accepted||JEE (for UG)|
Programs offered at NIT Warangal for UG(B.Tech):
Bio-Technology | Chemical Engineering | Civil Engineering | Computer Science and Engineering | Electronics and Communication Engineering | Mechanical Engineering | Metallurgical and Materials Engineering | Electrical and Electronics Engineering
NIT Warangal Seat Matrix UG(B.Tech):
|1||Bio Technology `||78|
|4||Computer Science and Engineering||139|
|5||Electronics and Communication Engineering||139|
|7||Metallurgical and Materials Engineering||79|
|8||Electrical and Electronics Engineering||139|
NIT Warangal Eligibility Criteria 2021:
- Candidate must have passed 12th (10+2) with a minimum of 75% aggregate marks with Physics, Mathematics/ Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology
- For Reserved Category Candidates:-Candidate must have passed 12th (10+2) with a minimum of 75% aggregate marks with Physics, Mathematics/ Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology
- Qualify the JEE Main Exam 2021 and must have a valid score obtained in JEE Main.
DASA 2021- Direct Admission of Students Abroad.
- Applicants should have completed successfully Mathematics, Physics and one of the subjects from (Chemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Biology) in 11th AND / OR 12th, as applicable in the respective boards.
- Applicants should have a minimum total valid score of 1800 in SAT Subject Tests (Subjects like Mathematics Level 2, Physics, and Chemistry).
NIT Warangal Admission Procedure 2021:
Admission to all the engineering and architecture undergraduate programs at NIT Warangal candidates, have to follow some steps which are given below:
- Admissions are done on the basis of rank in JEE (Main).
- Candidates must have participated in JoSAA Counselling and CSAB Special Round counseling.
- Shortlisted candidates will be further called for Physical or Online Reporting at the allotted college.
- NRI candidates who are eligible for the CIWG category will have the option to take admission through DASA (Direct Admission of Students Abroad).
NIT Warangal Placements:
About 150 – 180 companies visit the campus every year. About 85% of students are placed in 2020.
|Highest Package||INR 43.3 LPA|
|Average Package||INR 12.87 LPA|
Top Recruiters Company:
Microsoft India Private Limited | Black Buck | Morgan Stanley | Samsung R&D Institute | Citi Bank | DE Shaw Group | Arcesium India Pvt. Ltd | Sprinklr | Adobe Ltd. | Oracle India Private Limited | SAP Lab | Citrix R&D India Private Limited Qualcomm | Goldman Sachs | Salesforce | Uber | Service Now | F5 Networks VMware India | and many more.
NIT Warangal Fee Structure:
1st Semester Fee
|S.NO||B.TECH. STUDENTS||TUITION FEE||OTHER FEE|
|5||Below 1 Lakh||0||₹2500|
|6||Between 1-5 Lakh||20833||₹2500|
|Hostel Caution Money (One Time Payable & Refundable)||₹15,000|
|Hostel Seat Rent (per Year)||₹5000 (Boys)₹2000 (Girls)|
|Electricity & Water charges (per Year)||₹5,500|
|Other Fees (per Year)||₹5,500|
|Mess Advance (per Semester)||₹15,000|
- 100% Tuition Fee waiver for SC/ST students.
- A full refund of the Tuition Fee for GEN and OBC students whose family income is less than Rs.1 lakh per annum.
- Remission of 2/3rd of the Tuition Fee for GEN and OBC students for only those candidates whose family income is between Rs.1 lakh to Rs.5 lakhs per annum.
Documents Required for Admission to NIT Warangal:
1. Provisional Admission Letter.
2. Admission fee receipt paid.
3. Printout of the “Online Enrolment Form”
4. Applicant’s Passport (Nationals of Nepal who does not have a passport, copy of Authenticated Citizenship Card has to be submitted*).
5. Proof for date of birth (Secondary Education Board / University Certificate [Class X or equivalent] or any certificate issued by the Government authorities).
6. Mark Sheet of 10th, 11th, and 12th (or) Equivalent examination.
7. Certificate from School authorities (in the format given in Appendix-II on the letterhead of the school) as proof of completion of 11th and 12th Standard or equivalent.
8. Percentage/CGPA equivalence provided by the principal examination authorities, in case CGPA on a different scale than that specified is awarded OR if only grades are awarded.
9. Proof of 2 years of education (11th and 12th or equivalent) in a foreign country in case of NRI (School leaving certificate/Mark sheets/Study Certificate as in appendix IV).
Applicants applying under the CIWG quota has to produce all the following documents:
- Copy of the passport of the parent working in the gulf.
- Conduct / Character Certificate from the Institution last attended.
- Complete Postal Address with Mobile No. & Email ID (on A4 paper)
- Undertaking by Student & Parent against Ragging (form enclosed)